Research(Feb. 1985 – present) Atomic Energy Commission,Department of Chemistry,P. O. Box 6091,Damascus,SYRIA.
Prof. of Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry at Arab International University (2006-present)
• Head of Central Chemistry Olympiad Committee in Syria (2011-2020)
• National Curriculum Development Committee Member and advisor in Chemistry
• University student teaching :theoretical and practical (2005-present)
• Two courses: (practical and theoretical) in Organic Chemistry and General Chemistry for students at the Arab International University, AIU-Damascus (Private University) at the faculty of Pharmacy. The teaching courses are in English language for the following three text books:
1- Chemistry: the Central Science by Theodore L. Brown, H. Eugene
LeMayand Bruce E. Bursten, 2007
2-Organic Chemistry by John C. McMurry, 2008, 7th edition
3- General Chemistry, the essential concepts, by Raymond Chang, 5th edition 2008
• Teaching Chemistry at Damascus University, medicinal faculties
• External and internal examiner`s for Master and Ph.D. degrees at all Syrian Universities and Applied Science Technology College students
• Master and Doctorate students' supervisor at Faculties of Pharmacy, Science and Medicinal Engineering, University of Damascus.
1-BSC in Physics and Chemistry (level good) at the University of Aleppo, Faculty of Science, Syria from October 1980- October 1984.
2-MSC in Molecular Spectroscopy (Supervisor Prof. H. W. Kroto, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry 1996), at the University of Sussex, School of Life Sciences, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9QJ, England, (1986 -1987).
3-Ph.D in Fullerenes Material Chemistry (Supervisor Prof. H. W. Kroto, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry 1996), at the University of Sussex, School of Life Sciences, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9QJ, England, (1987 - 1992).
4-Professor at Arab International University (AIU), Syria Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and quality Control
International Refereed Journal
1. X-ray diffraction patterns and 2D-correlation spectroscopy of crystallization in proton irradiated poly (ether ether ketone), Abdul G. Al Lafi, Ali Alzier, Abdul W. Allaf, Heliyon, in press, (2020)
2. Characterization of the global metabolic profile of Canagliflozin in Rat plasma, urine and feces based on HPLC/UV-MS Analysis, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, Rawa Akasha, Abdul Wahab Allaf and Mohammad Amer Al-Mardini, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 13, no.1, 399-403, (2020)
3. Investigation of Nonlinear Optical Properties of Chromium Tetrapyrrole Dicarbonyl Complex, M. D. Zidan, A. W. Allaf , A Allahham and Ali Al-Zeir, Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, Vol. 200, 163175, (2020).
4. Two Dimensional FTIR spectroscopic analysis of crystallization in cross-linked poly(ether ether ketone), Abdul G. Al Lafi, Ali Alzier, Abdul W. Allaf, International Journal of Plastics Technology, Vol. 24, 1–8, (2020)
5. Self-nanoemulsifying liquisolid tablets of furosemide: formulation and in vitro evaluation, Lena Dalal, Abdul Wahab Allaf and Hind El-Zein, Journal of Microencapsulation, submitted, (2020)
6. Nonlinear optical investigation of molybdenum phenanthroline complex, M. D. Zidan, A. W. Allaf, A Allahham, A. Al-Zier, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, in press, (2020).
7. Investigation of chloramphenicol release from PVA/CMC/HEA hydrogel using ion beam analysis, UV and FTIR techniques, M. S. Rihawy, A. Alzier, A. W. Allaf, Applied Radiation and Isotopes, Vol. 153, 108806, (2019).
8. Isolation, Structural Characterization and antiproliferative activity of phycocolloids from the red seaweed laurenciapapillosa on MCF-7 human breast cancer cells, Ahmed Ghannam, Hossam Murad, Marie Jazzara, Adnan Odeh and Abdul Wahab Allaf, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 108, 916 – 926, (2018).
9. Cotton flowering behavior, fiber traits and gene expression under water shortage stress, Dana Jawdat, Abdul Wahab Allaf, Nowrez Taher, Ali Al-Zier, Nour Morsel, Zaki Ajji, and Bassam Al –Safadi, Adv. Hort. Sci. 32, 79-92, (2018).
10. Effect of Gamma Radiation, Total Antioxidant Capacity and Sterols Contents in Syrian extra virgin Kaissy variety olive oil, M. Al-Bachir, Y. Koudsi, T. Al-Haddad and A. W. Allaf, Journal of materials and Environmental Sciences, Vol. 9, no. 1, 47 - 55, (2018). https://doi.org/10.26872/jmes.2018.9.1.6
11. The bioactivity of soluble Sulfated agarocolloid from the red seaweed Hypneamusciformis, Marie Jazzara, Ahmed Ghannam, Abdul Munim AlJapawe, Shadi Soukaria, Adnan Odeh, Abdul Wahab Allaf and Hossam Murad, Bioactive Carbohydrates and Dietary Fiber, submitted for publication, (2018).
12. Determination of polyphenol components fractions and integral antioxidants capacity of Syrian aniseed and fennel seed extracts using GC-MS, HPLC analyses and photochemiluminescence assay, Adnan Odeh and Abdul Wahab Allaf, Journal Chemical papers, vol. 71, issue 9, 1731 – 1737, (2017).
13. Nonlinear optical properties of tetracarbonyl-chromium triphenyl phosphine Complex, Mohammed D. Zidan, M. B. Alsous, Abdul W. Allaf, A Allahham, Ali Al-Zier, Chinese Physics B, vol. 26, no. 4, 044205, (2017).
14. Chitosan Loaded with Silver Nanoparticles,CS-AgNPs using Thymus Syriacus, Wild mint and Rosemary Essential Oils Extracts As Reducing and Capping Agents, Fadi AL-Shnani, Thanaa Al-Haddad, Francois Karabet and Abdul Wahab Allaf, J Phys Org Chem., vol. 30, issue 11; e3680. https://doi.org/10.1002/poc.3680, (2017)
15. Z-scan measurements of single walled carbon nanotube doped acetylenedicarboxylic acid polymer under CW laser. M. D. Zidan, A. W. Allaf, A Allahham, A. Al-Zier Optics & Laser Technology, 80, 72-76, (2016).
16. Z-scan measurements of the third order optical nonlinearity of C60 doped poly(ethylacetylenecarboxylate) under CW regime, Mohammed D. Zidan, M. B. Alsous, Abdul W. Allaf, A Allahham, Ali Al-Zier, H. Rihawi, Optik, 127, 2566-2569, (2016).
17. Investigation of optical nonlinearity of C60 doped acetylenedicarboxylic acid polymer Mohammed D. Zidan, Abdul W. Allaf, A Allahham, Ali Al-Zier Optics & Laser Technology, 68, 60-66, (2015).
18. Investigation of nonlinearity and diffraction ring patterns of carbon nanotubes, Mohammed D. Zidan , Abdul W. Allaf, M B Alsous and A Allahham, Optics & Laser Technolog, 58, 128-134, (2014).
19. FTIR spectroscopic efficiency of Eugenol methyl ether additive as free radical scavenger agent to sunflower cooking oil at high temperature and different concentrations, Ali Al-Zier, Hussam Allaham, Kholoud Latifi and Abdul W. Allaf, Revue Roumaine de Chimie, 59, 9-14, (2014).
20. Thermoanalytical study of barley seeds infected with Pyrenophora graminea, M. I. E. Arabi, A. W. Allaf and M. Jawhar, Journal of Plant Biology Research, 1, 119, (2012).
21. Determination of essential oil composition by GC-MS and integral antioxidant capacity using photochemiluminescence assay of two Thymus leaves: Th.syriacus Boiss. and Th.cilicicus from different Syrian locations, Ghadir Zayzafoon, Adnan Odeh, and Abdul Wahab Allaf, Herba Polonica, 58,70-84, (2012).
22. Optical Limiting Action with C60 in Poly(ethylacetylenecarboxylate), Mohammed D. Zidan, M B Alsous, Abdul W. Allaf, A Allahham, Ali Al-Zier Optics & Laser Technology, 44, 2282, (2012).
23. PIXE investigation of in vitro release of chloramphenicol across polyvinyl alcohol/acrylamide hydrogel M. S. Rihawy, A. Alzier and A. W. Allaf., Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B, 269, 1892-1898, (2011).
24. Measurements of essential oil extract and antioxidants in Syrian Myrtus communis L. leaves using photochemiluminescence assay, Ghadir Zayzafoon, Adnan Odeh, YahiaMahzia and Abdul Wahab Allaf, Herba Polonica, 57,5, (2011).
25. Investigation of Optical Limiting Properties of Acid Blue29 in Various Solvents, M. D. Zidan, Z. Ajji, Abdul W Allaf and A. Allahham , Optics & Laser Technology, 43, 1347-1350, (2011).
26. Optical Limiting Action with C60 in Poly(dimethylacetylendicarboxylate), Mohammed D. Zidan , M B Alsous , Abdul W. Allaf, Ali Al-Zier and A Allahham, Optics & Laser Technology, 43, 1343-1346, (2011).
27. Silver doped multiwalled carbon nanotubes: synthesis, purifications and identification, Muthanna Ahmad, Elias Hanna BAKRAJI, M. Alibrahim, Imad Zidan and Abdul W. Allaf, in preparation for publications.
28. Determination of integral antioxidants capacity in Syrian hawthorn fruits and flowers using photochemiluminescence assay Ghadir Zayzafoon, Adnan Odeh, Mazen Ibrahim, and Abdul Wahab Allaf, Herba Polonica, 56, 47, (2010).
29. Optical limiting behavior of C60 doped Ethylene Propylene DienePolymethylene Polymer, M. D. Zidan, Z. Ajji, Abdul W Allaf and A. Allahham, Optics & Laser Technology, 42, 600, (2010).
30. Optical limiting behavior of Sudan III dye doped polymer, M. D. Zidan, Abdul W Allaf, Z. Ajji and A. Allahham , Optics & Laser Technology, 42, 531, (2010)
31. Optical Limiting Action in Poly(ethylacetylenecarboxylate), Abdul W. Allaf Mohammed D. Zidan, ZakiAjji, Ali Al-Zier, Dalal Naima and Ahmad Allahham Revue Roumaine de Chimie, 55 (3), 199, (2010)
32. Optical limiting behavior of acid blue29 under a low power CW He– Ne laser Irradiation, M. D. Zidan, A. A. Mani, Abdul W. Allaf, Z. Ajji and A. Allahham , Acta Physica Polonica A, 115, 886, (2009)
33. Structure and Vibrational Properties of Oxohalides of Vanadium, Vincent Guiot , Irene Suarez Martinez , Philipp Wagner, Jonathan Goss ,Abdul W. Allaf and Christopher Paul Ewels , Inorganic Chemistry, 48 (8), pp 3660–3666.(2009).
34. Optical Limiting Action in Poly(dimethylacetylendicarboxylate), Ali Al-Zier, A Allahham and Abdul W. Allaf, Current Science, 95, 75-78, (2008)
35. Optical limiting action of new fullerene derivatives in solid host, M. D. Zidan and A. W. Allaf, ICONO/LAT 2005 Conference, St. Petersburg, Russia, May 11-15, (2005)
36. Gas-phase on line generation and infrared spectroscopic investigations of polyphosphazenes, (NPX2)3 where X=F, Cl and Br. Abdul W. Allaf, Spectrochemica Acta Part A, 61, 1499, (2005).
37. Gas Phase Infrared Spectrum and ab initio Calculations of Phosphorus (III) thiocyanide, SPCN, Abdul W. Allaf and M. N. Odeh, Spectrochemica Acta Par A, 62, 282, (2005).
38. Optical Limiting of new Fullerenes Derivatives, Abdul W Allaf and M. D. Zidan, Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 43, 57, (2005).
39. Optical Limiting Action of N-(1-Pyrene)maleimede and 2-(4-biphenyl)-6- phenylbenzoxazol, Abdul W. Allaf and M. D. Zidan, Laser Physics, 14, 1529, (2004)
40. Gas-Phase Infrared Spectrum of Vanadium (III) Oxyfluoride, OVF: Theoretical and Experimental Investigations, Abdul W. Allaf, J. Chem. Res., 800, (2003).
41. Theoretical and Experimental Investigations of Vanadium (III) Oxychloride, OVCl, Abdul W. Allaf, J. Chemical Research, 554, (2003).
42. The Gas Phase On-line Production of Phosphorus Thiotrihalides, SPX3 and their Identifications by Infrared Spectroscopy. Mohammed D. Zidan and Abdul W. Allaf, Spectrochemica Acta Part A, 58, 1577, (2002).
43. Gas Phase Generation and Infrared Spectroscopy of Metastable OP-SCN Molecule, D. Y. Naima, Mohamad N. Odeh, M. A. Namou and Abdul W. Allaf, Spectrochemica Acta Part A, 58, 1083, (2002).
44. Effective Reduction of Fluorine Content in Syrian Commercial Phosphric Acid Using Ailica-gel Under Three Different Conditions, R. Baidoun, J. Abu-Hillal and Abdul W. Allaf, AFINIDAD, 493, 197 (2001)
45. Determination of D/H Ratio of Some Locations in Syria Natural Water, A. Harfoush, Abdul W. Allaf, and M, Al-ibrahim, Water quality research J. Canada, 36, 151, (2001).
46. The Gas Phase Production of Vanadium Oxytrihalides, VOX3 and their Identifications by Infrared Spectroscopy. Mohammed D. Zidan and Abdul W. Allaf, Spectrochemica Acta Part A , 56, 2693 (2000).
47. The Gas Phase On Line Generation of Antimony Oxide Trihalides, O=Sb-X3 Where X= F and Cl and Their Identifications By Infrared Spectroscopy, Abdul W. Allaf and Z. Ajji, Spectrochemica Acta Part A, 56, 1971 (2000).
48. Fullerene-60 Thin Films for Electronic Applications, Ali Al-Mohamad and Abdul W. Allaf, Synth. Metal., 104, 39, (1999).
49. Gas Phase Generation and Infrared Spectroscopy of Unstable NS-SCN Molecule, Z. Ajji, D. Y. Naima, Mohamad N. Odeh and Abdul W. Allaf, Spectrochemica Acta Part A, 55, 1753 (1999).
50. Gas phase infrared spectrum of phosphorus (III) oxycyanide: OPCN experimental and theoretical investigations, A. W. Allaf, M. Kassem, M. Al-ibrahim and I. Boustani, J. Mol. Structure., 478, 193 (1999).
51. Gas phase infrared spectra of phosphorus (III) oxyhalieds: experimental and theoretical study of OPBr and OPI, I. Boustani, and A. W. Allaf, Vib. Spectro, 16, 157 (1998).
52. The Gas- phases on-line production of phosphoryl halides, POX3 and their identification by infrared spectroscopy, A. W. Allaf, Spectrochimica Acta: Part A, 54, 921, (1998).
53. Gas phase infrared spectra of phosphorus (III) oxyhalides: experimental and theoretical study of OPF and OPCl, A. W. Allaf and I. Boustani, VibSpectro., 16, 69, (1998).
54. Thionitrosyl cyanide (NCNS), M. T. Nguyen, A. W. Allaf, R. Flammang and Y. V. Haverbeke, Theochem: J. of Mol. Structure, 418, 209, (1997).
55. Photoelectron spectrum of thiazyl cyanide, NSCN A. W. Allaf, R. J. Jonston and R. J. Suffolk, Chem. Phys. Letts, 233, 33 (1995).
56. Reaction studies of carbon clusters R. P. Hallett, K. G. McKay, S. P. Balm, A. W. Allaf, H. W. Kroto, and A. J. Stace, Z. der Physik D., 34, 65 (1995).
57. Gas Phase IR spectrum of thiazyl cyanide, NSCN A. W. Allaf and R. J. Suffolk, J. of Chem. Res.(s), 186, (1994).
58. On the synthesis of carbodiimide, HN=C=NH A. W. Allaf and R. J. Suffolk, J. of Chem. Res.(s), 269, (1993).
59. Optical emission from carbon cluster in a supersonic expansion S. P. Balm, R. A. Hallett, A. W. Allaf, A. J. Stace and H. W. Kroto, Inter. J. of Modern Phys. B, 6, 3757, (1992).
60. Hydrogenation of carbon clusters A. W. Allaf, R. A. Hallett, S. P. Balm and H. W. Kroto, Inter. J. of Modern Phys. B, 6, 3595, (1992).
61. Effect of trace elements on carbon micro particle formation A. W. Allaf, S. P. Balm, R. A. Hallett, K. G. Mckay and H. W. Kroto, Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. (Chem. Sci.), 103, 517, (1991).