* Ph. D. in Water Resources Engineering, University of Alberta, Canada, 2007.
* M. Eng. in Water Resources Engineering, University of Alberta, Canada, 2000.
* Post-Graduate Certificate in Hydrology, University of Padova, Italy, 1991.
* B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Damascus University, Syria, 1985.
Journals and Reports
• Shammaa, Y., “TSS Removal-Detention Time Relation in Dry Detention Ponds”, Damascus University Journal of Engineering Science (submitted August 2019).
• Shammaa, Y., (2014). “Self-Assessment Report & Sustainability of Faculty of Civil Engineering, AIU”, (Coordinator and Editor), TEMPUS Project (Trans European mobility Scheme for University Study) 230 p.
• Shammaa, Y., Zhu, D.Z., (2010). ” Experimental Study on Selective Withdrawal in a Two-Layer Reservoir Using a Temperature-Control Curtain”, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, 136(4), 234-246.
• Shammaa, Y., Zhu, D.Z., and Rajaratnam N (2009). ”Flow Field in a Reservoir with a Slot Inlet and an Orifice Outlet”, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, 135(10), 857-864.
• Shammaa, Y., Zhu, D.Z., and Rajaratnam N. (2005).” Flow upstream of orifices and sluice gates”, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, 131(2), 127-133.
• Shammaa, Y., Zhu, D.Z., and Gyurek LL. (2002). “Effectiveness of dry ponds for stormwater TSS removal”, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 29(2) 316-324.
• Shammaa, Y., and Zhu, D.Z. (2001).” Techniques for controlling total suspended solids in stormwater runoff”, Canadian Water Resources Journal, 26(3), 359-375.
• Shammaa, Y., and Zhu, D.Z., (2000). “Effectiveness and design of dry ponds in TSS removal”, Report prepared for the City of Edmonton, Drainage Services, Edmonton, Canada, 80 p.
• Shammaa, Y., and Zhu, D.Z. (2010).” Experiments on Horizontal Plane Buoyant Jets in a Shallow Enclosure", 3rd International Perspective on Current and Future State of Water Resources and Environment, IIT Madras, Chennai, India, (EWRI of ASCE), CD-Rom (file# 646).
• Shammaa, Y., and Zhu, D.Z. (2008).” Flow Structure on Withdrawal from a Two-Layer Reservoir”, 2nd International Symposium on Shallow Flows, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), China, CD-Rom.
• Shammaa, Y., and Zhu, D.Z. (2005).” Selective withdrawal using a temperature-control curtain”, 17th Canadian Hydrotechnical Conference, Canadian Society for Civil Engineering, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 723-732, CD-Rom.
• Shammaa, Y., Zhu, D.Z., and Rajaratnam N. (2003).” Near-field flow upstream of an orifice”, XXX IAHR Congress, Thessaloniki, Greece, Theme C: Hydraulic Simulation, 611-617, CD-Rom.
• Shammaa, Y., Zhu, D.Z., Gyürék, L., and Labatiuk, C. (2001). “Design and effectiveness of dry detention ponds for stormwater TSS controlling”, 15th Hydrotechnical Conference of the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, 10 p., CD-Rom.
• Shammaa, Y., (1995) “Importance of hydrology in city planning, case studies”, Syrian Engineering Association, Hama, Syria.