Application of theoretical and experimental procedure of soil mechanics is the primary objectives of this lab. This include: identifying site condition, evaluation of loose rocks as construction material, and describing and determining the mechanic features of the soils.
Other lab objectives are: description and calculation of stress (tension), deformation and fracture conditions with regards to the structural features of soils, and stability analysis of foundation and retaining structures.
(1) The Standard Proctor Test,
(2) The Modified Proctor Test.
· Electrical digital oven with 500 liter capacity (1)
· Electronic laboratory balance (capacity 45000×0.01 gram) (1)
· Electronic top loading balance 20000 × 0.1 g (1)
· Specimen Cutting Machine
· Glass & plastic ware
· Containers for moisture (cans) with 50×50mm dia, height (100)
· Thermometers (3)
· Watches & Clocks (3)
· Sample trays
· Spatulas with wooden handle
· Additional Equipments (Buckets, Dishes, rubber hammers, gloves, bags, beakless, funnel...)
· Desiccator with 300 mm (2)
(ASTM D4318 - AASHTO T89 - BS 1377)
(ASTM 2435 – AASHTO T216 - BS 1377:5)
(ASTM D3080 - AASHTO T236 -BS 1377:7)