The faculty of Architecture at Arab International University (AIU), aims to achieve its mission through working towards such major goals:
- Preparing qualified, distinguished and competent students who are able to carry out contemporary scientific and technical processes.
- Preparing a new generation of graduates capable of responding to the actual needs of business and professional communities at large.
- Encouraging and supporting student involvement in academic research through their active participation in it.
- Preparing AIU students for postgraduate studies at European universities by developing their scientific outlook and communication skills in European languages, especially English, and committing to academic exchange and cooperation with counterpart faculties in the associated European universities in order to maintain quality control.
- Providing an appropriate learning environment for AIU students that generates well - adjusted graduates, capable of actively interacting with their professional milieu.
Characteristics of Architectural Education at the Faculty of Architecture:
(Extracted from UNESCO/UIA Charter for Architectural Education.)
- Having the ability to produce architectural designs that satisfy both aesthetic and technical requirements.
- Having an adequate awareness of the history and theories of architecture and related arts, technologies and human sciences.
- Acquiring knowledge of the fine arts as an influence on the quality of architectural design.
- Having adequate knowledge of urban design, planning and the skills involved in the planning process.
- Obtaining an understanding of the relationship between buildings and their environment, and the need to relate buildings and the spaces between them to human needs and scale.
- Understanding the profession of architecture and the role of the architect in society, especially in preparing analytical memoranda and minding social factors.
- Understanding the methods of investigation and preparation of the brief for a design project.
- Understanding the structural design, construction and engineering problems associated with building design.
- Having adequate knowledge of physical problems technologies and the function of buildings so as to provide them with internal condition of comfort and protection against the climate.
- Achieving design skills necessary to meet building users' requirements within the constraints imposed by cost factors and building regulations.
- Having adequate knowledge of the industries, organizations, regulations and procedures involved in translating design concepts into buildings and integrating plans into overall planning.